I love having a delicious hearty breakfast on Christmas morning, but I don’t like to immediately head to the kitchen after opening presents to start cooking! I mean, can I please just sit on the couch and enjoy a delicious cup of coffee while I watch the kiddos play with their toys for just a little longer? 🙂
My boys love to help me cook and there is just something special about family time in the kitchen around the holidays. This casserole can be made the night before & it’s easy to make, which can make it a great way to get the kids involved — I usually do the prep and let the boys assemble everything in the casserole dish. It can also be customized with what your family likes. If your family doesn’t like red peppers, try adding a different veggie that they do enjoy!
This year I went to Walmart to do my shopping because I love the convenience of ordering online and having my groceries delivered to my door. Or, if I’m already out & about, I choose curbside pickup! It’s super easy, convenient and it saves me a lot of time, which I know we can all use more of around this time of year. I can spend less time planning, shopping and in the kitchen, and more time together as a family, all while staying on budget!
I hope you enjoy your holiday season and give this overnight egg casserole a try! Remember, make cooking fun by letting the littles help you out when you can. We had a lot of laughs while making this one and we hope you do too!
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- 10 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups Milk
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- 5 cups Cubed Bread, lightly toasted
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Mustard
- Chopped Green Onion, (optional)
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until lightly browned then drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and dried mustard until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly spread half of the bread in the bottom of the casserole dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, half of the cooked sausage and half of the chopped red pepper. Repeat layers again.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the dish.
- Refrigerate overnight or bake immediately at 325 degrees for 60 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Optional: Sprinkle with chopped green onion! ENJOY!
This post was created in collaboration with Walmart and RewardStyle, but all product selections and opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.