I love using my slow cooker this time of year! As the weather gets cooler and our lives get busier with school activities, it’s so nice to throw something into a slow cooker and have a hot meal ready when you walk in the door after school & work.
This week we experimented with a new recipe and it was a huge success! I’ll definitely be making this one again as we loved it! It was a little too spicy for the kids, so I just used some plain shredded rotisserie chicken for their potatoes that I had picked up at Costco. While you’re doing your grocery shopping, grab a head of lettuce because the leftover buffalo chicken is great the next day for lunch in lettuce wraps!
The prep for this dish is super easy. You literally add all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, cover it, turn it on and go! When you get home you’ll have a hot meal ready and your house will smell amazing!
When you get home, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake the potatoes for 45 min to 1 hour. If you don’t have that much time, you can also microwave them but I like them better out of the oven. While the potatoes are baking, make the blue cheese greek yogurt dressing and chop up one green onion.
Once everything is ready, slice open the potatoes and top with the buffalo chicken, blue cheese greek yogurt dressing and some chopped green onions. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes
Servings 4 servings
- 3-4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup wing sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp white vingear
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Lightly coat a slow cooker with cooking spray and add chicken breasts.
- Add hot sauce, melted coconut oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Shred the chicken and keep in slow cooker on warm.
- About an hour before dinner time, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet lined with foil for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- For the blue cheese yogurt topping, whisk together the Greek yogurt, milk, white vinegar and blue cheese. Cut open the sweet potatoes, then top with the crock pot buffalo chicken, add a drizzle of the blue cheese dressing and top with a few green onions. Enjoy!