Why spend a fortune on store bought granola when you can make your own at home? Before a few months ago, I never made my own granola. I would always buy it at Costco or the grocery store during one of my weekly trips…and it was expensive. One day I decided to try a recipe I found online, and I haven’t bought another pack of granola at the store since. You guys…it’s so easy and a lot cheaper!
Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and set it aside.
- Mix together the oats, almonds, cinnamon, salt and dried cranberries.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and honey. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together. If your mixture is extra dry you may need to add a little bit more honey.
- Spread granola on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway though.
- Let cool completely on the cookie sheet. Enjoy!