I grew up eating Egg McMuffins from McDonalds, and I still love them! We would stop and grab one nearly every weekend for breakfast growing up because we were always running to a softball tournament somewhere and needed a quick breakfast.
This recipe is so easy! Mix up the eggs and milk, add the veggies and bake! That’s it!
Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- 6 whole wheat English muffins
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices turkey or ham
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a small casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sauté the veggies until softened.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Once the veggies are softened, add them to the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg and veggie mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is set. Allow them to cool then slice into 6 squares.
- Assemble the sandwiches by adding one piece of the eggs, one slice of cheese, and one slice of turkey or ham. Then wrap in plastic or put in a lunch sized plastic bag.
- When you are ready to enjoy a sandwich, take it out of the bag, wrap it in a paper towel and microwave it for about a minute. Depending on your microwave setting it may take a little longer or a little less time. Enjoy!