It’s hot outside and what cools you off better than a bowl of ice cream? Okay, maybe an iced cold beer or a glass of chilled wine, but for this post let’s stick to a treat the entire family can enjoy. 🙂
I tried something different this week in the hopes of finding an ice cream-like treat that would satisfy my sweet tooth, and I found something! Frozen banana “ice cream”!
It’s VERY easy to make, but it does require a little prep work. Here’s what you need:
Frozen Banana Ice Cream
- 2-3 bananas
- 2-3 tbsp molk or almond milk
- 2-3 tbsp peanut or almond butter
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Peel and freeze bananas. I cut mine up before I freeze them so they'll fit into the food processor easier, but if you are using a blender you won't need to do that.
- Once the bananas are frozen, put them in a food processor or blender and add milk or almond milk a little at a time. I added about 2-3 tablespoons to give it a creamy consistency. Blend until creamy adding more milk if you need to.
- Transfer to a bowl or tupperware container. Add 2-3 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter and about 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips. Give it a swirl to mix it up a little bit.
- Freeze for a little bit longer to harden just a bit and Enjoy!
I’d recommend you enjoy your “ice cream” shortly after you’ve prepared it. I kept mine in the freezer for about 3-4 days and the consistency began to change a bit…it was more icy than creamy.
Let me know what you think!