These energy bites are amazing! They give you a little bit of sweet mixed with a lot of protein….a perfect combination. My mother-in-law has made these for us a few times and they are always a hit, so I decided I wanted to share her secret recipe with all of you. 🙂
Chocolate Almond Energy Bites
- 8 ounces raw almonds
- 6 ounces pitted dates
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
- 5 ounces dark chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Blend the raw almonds in a food processor or blender until they turn into a fine meal.
- Add the pitted dates and blend some more.
- Add a scoop of soy or whey protein powder and chia seeds and blend until mixed.
- Blend in 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter and then shape into balls a little smaller than a ping pong ball.
- Melt the dark chocolate for 2 minutes in the microwave. Coat the balls in chocolate then place on waxed paper.
- Refrigerate on a baking sheet until the chocolate hardens, then transfer to an air tight container to store. Enjoy!