I love Mexican food! All of my friends and family know if I could eat it every night, I would. My go-to Mexican dish at home is a ground beef taco salad, but sometimes I like to switch it up and make something different.
I went to Costco today and picked up a rotisserie chicken while I was there. They have the best ones and you can’t beat the price either! When I got home I was craving Mexican food and didn’t have ground beef, so I got creative with what I did have at home and threw together these Baked Chicken Taquitos. They were so easy to make and they tasted awesome! One of the boys even asked for seconds. 🙂
P.S. If you want to make it a little healthier, use corn tortillas instead.
Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- 10 flour tortillas, soft taco sized
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Fill each tortilla with a heaping spoon full of the chicken mixture and a pinch or two of shredded cheese. Roll up and place seam side down on the cookie sheet.
- Brush the tops of each taquito with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes or until the tops start to brown.
- Top with your choice of toppings. I used lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream, cilantro and salsa. Enjoy!