As a mom of two growing boys it’s imperative that I have snacks on hand at all times. I usually try to have healthy snacks available, but there are definitely times when the only options I have are fruit snacks or goldfish. These protein balls are easy to make, full of protein and the entire family loves them. I love them because I can use them as a little sweet treat when I’m craving dessert but don’t want to ruin my diet.
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Form dough into small balls using a small ice cream or cookie dough scoop. Place balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 2 hours. Enjoy!Protein balls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. I store mine in the freezer and pull them out a couple of minutes before I plan to enjoy them.