We woke up to our first cool morning of the season this morning in Southern California, which calls for a delicious bowl of warm oats. As most of you know, I recently purchased an Instant Pot and while I have definitely made a few things that we didn’t love (Brussels sprouts and hard boiled eggs), we have made a few things that we LOVE!! One of them being these steel cut oats!
Bonus: they are VERY EASY! My 4 year old actually did most of the work this morning and we had breakfast ready to go before my husband and youngest babe were even up. The prep is quick, the ingredients are all things you might have on hand and the outcome is fantastic!
Start by adding the water, milk, oats, salt, cinnamon stick & dried cranberries to the Instant Pot. Using the manual setting, set the timer to 3 minutes and make sure you have the steam spout in the closed position for cooking. Once the oats are finished cooking, manually let the steam escape then carefully remove the lid. I gave ours a good stir and let sit for another one to two minutes to allow some of the liquid to absorb into the oats. Next, dish out into individual servings and add your favorite toppings! We topped our oats with chopped apples & pears, dried cranberries, honey and cinnamon. Next time we’re going to try topping our oats with sliced bananas, walnuts and cinnamon! Enjoy!!
*I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
This is a quick and easy recipe for steel cut oats that can be customized with your favorite toppings.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- pinch of salt
- your favorite toppings
- Add oats, water, milk, salt, cinnamon stick & dried cranberries to your Instant Pot.
- Using the Manual setting, cook for 3 minutes. When the time is up, let the pressure out manually.
- Carefully remove the lid and let the remaining steam escape. Stir the oats and let sit for a minute or two to allow some of the remaining liquid to absorb.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and dish the oats out into bowls. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!