I love using my slow cooker this time of year! As the weather gets cooler and our lives get busier with school activities, it’s so nice to throw something into a slow cooker and have a hot meal ready when you walk in the door after school & work.
Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup wing sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp white vingear
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Lightly coat a slow cooker with cooking spray and add chicken breasts.
- Add hot sauce, melted coconut oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Shred the chicken and keep in slow cooker on warm.
- About an hour before dinner time, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet lined with foil for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- For the blue cheese yogurt topping, whisk together the Greek yogurt, milk, white vinegar and blue cheese. Cut open the sweet potatoes, then top with the crock pot buffalo chicken, add a drizzle of the blue cheese dressing and top with a few green onions. Enjoy!