Cookies are a popular treat for my family! When we have cookies around they sure don’t last long. My boys (even my husband) would eat them for breakfast, if I let them. 🙂 I’ve tried a few different versions of healthier chocolate chip cookies, and finally found one that everyone loves. When we make these my boys ask for them constantly because they don’t taste super healthy.
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Use a food processor to combine the almond flour, salt and baking soda. Pulse in coconut oil, honey, vanilla, butter and egg until a dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop or tablespoon, scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet.
- With your hands or a spoon, press down balls of dough to flatten them like a cookie.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let stand until cool. Enjoy!